JACK HENRY USER GROUP SOUTHERN RULES AND BYLAWS
ARTICLE I. NAME
The name of the organization shall be the Jack Henry User Group Southern.
ARTICLE II. PURPOSE
The purpose of the Jack Henry User Group Southern shall be:
- To provide a vehicle for the free exchange of ideas and experience between and among Silverlake users and with Jack henry & Associates.
- To provide effective two-way communication between the users, Jack Henry SilverLake, and Jack Henry companion product groups.
- To aid Jack Henry & Associates in developing new software through user suggestions, developed by user meetings.
ARTICLE III. LIMITATIONS
Jack Henry User Group Southern shall have no power or authority over its members except with respect to membership requirements. Nor will it have any responsibility for the action of any of its members that acts without consent of the membership.
ARTICLE IV. MEMBERSHIP
- Any financial institution or organization serving financial institutions who has installed Silverlake software may qualify for membership if either (a) located in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi; or (b) not a member of another regional user group.
- Membership may be terminated by:
- Written notice to the President or Secretary of the Board of Directors by the member bank.
- A two-thirds vote of members present at a regular meeting.
- Ceasing to qualify under Article IV of these Bylaws.
- Failure to remit membership dues set forth each year by the Treasurer.
- All fees associated with meeting attendance are to be in advance prior to attending any meeting.
ARTICLE V. DUES
- Dues shall be voted upon by the Board of Directors annually.
- The fiscal year shall be from January 1 through December 31.
- All dues for the fiscal year become payable upon receipt of invoice from Treasurer and due by the date indicated on the invoice.
- Al dues and money shall be forwarded to the Treasurer.
- Dues for a new member joining prior to the spring meeting will be the full annual amount. Due for those banks joining after the spring meeting will be prorated.
ARTICLE VI. BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors of Jack Henry Users Group Southern shall consist of the following:
- The general membership shall elect the four officers who will serve as Directors along with four non-officer Directors. The Officers are described in Article IX of these Rules & Bylaws.
- The election of Officers and Directors will occur at the spring meeting.
- Each Officer and Director will serve a two year term.
ARTICLE VII. COMMITTEES
The Board of Directors of the Jack Henry User Group Southern shall be the governing body of the Jack Henry User Group Southern. It shall provide overall guidance to the Jack Henry User Group Southern and assist in planning of membership meetings.
- Special Committees- The President shall have the power to call into session and appoint members to serve on committees deemed necessary in fulfilling the purpose of this organization.
ARTICLE VIII. MEETINGS
- All meetings shall be conducted in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order.
- There shall be a minimum of one meeting each year of the general membership. The meeting date, time and location will be established by the Board of Directors and made public by the Secretary.
- The Board of Directors shall meet at least quarterly. Meetings do not have to be in person and may be conducted via conference call.
- In order to have a quorum, a majority of the membership must be represented.
- Regional group meetings may be schedule at any time agreed upon by the members, or may be schedule around either the spring general membership meeting.
- Meeting attendance fees will be established by the Board of Directors to cover meeting expenses. Payment will be expected in advance of scheduled meetings. Cancellation refunds will be only be granted if the cancellation occurs prior to the registration deadline.
- The registration fee for the spring meeting will waived for Officers and Directors.
ARTICLE IX. ELECTIONS AND DUTIES OF OFFICERS
- The Officers of the Jack Henry User Group Southern shall consist of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. All Officers will be elected by the general membership at the spring meeting to serve a two year term.
- The President shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and of regular User Group meetings.
- The Vice President shall assume the duties of the President in the absence of or in the President’s inability to serve. The Vice President will act in the absence of the President and will succeed the President after at the end of their two year term. They will assist the President in coordinating the spring meeting including assistance with such functions as dealing with the booking of the property, planning meals, coordinating vendors, etc.
- The Secretary shall be responsible for all official correspondence, notifying the membership of the time, location and agenda of all meetings and will maintain minutes of all membership and Board of Directors’ meetings. In addition, he/she will present the minutes of previous membership and Board of Directors’ meetings. In the absence of or in the Secretary’s inability to serve the President shall appoint a new Secretary.
- The Treasurer will be authorized to pay all invoices of the organization upon approval of the Board or President. The Treasurer shall invoice all banks annually and collect all fees maintaining a record of all receipts and disbursements. In addition, the Treasurer will render a financial accounting at each membership and Board meeting, be responsible for maintaining a current list of all members, their addresses and of their designated contact.
- All business properly presented to the Board of directors shall require a simple majority in favor for approval. The President may vote on any motion that initially results in a tie. If for any reason the organization is disbanded, it shall be the duty of the Treasurer; after all outstanding debts are paid, to disburse all remaining funds equally among all members in good standing.
ARTICLE X. VOTING RIGHTS
- Each paid financial institution or organization serving financial institutions shall have one (1) vote.
- The voting representative shall be the contact person of each financial institution or organization serving financial institutions, or his/her representative.
- A majority of the membership along with the President or Vice President shall constitute a quorum.
ARTICLE XI. AMENDMENTS
- Proposed amendments to these Bylaws may be made in writing to the Secretary by any member of the Jack Henry User Group Southern. The Secretary shall promptly notify all of the members of the Board of Directors.
- Proposed amendments shall be considered at the next meeting of the Board of Directors. If approved by two-thirds of the Board of Directors, notice shall be given to all members.
- Approved proposed amendments shall be presented for approval at the next regular meeting of the Jack Henry User Group Southern following notice to all members. A vote of two-thirds of the members present shall be required for the adoption of each amendment to the Bylaws.